I left work a little early (around 4pm) to finish up the Cylon pumpkin. The carving went pretty well, but it was starting to get dark by the time I put the electronics in.
If you want to do this project, please don’t do as I did with scratch building, and just buy the kit. When I put the electronics in the pumpkin, they didn’t work. I pushed my fingers around on the back of the board and I could get it to work sometime.
Back upstairs, I x-acto’ed between traces where there was already corrosion (I didn’t clean the flux very well) and resoldered a few things. Whew! Got it working 1 minute before the first trick or treater came!
And here’s the whole display. I hope you enjoyed it!